Howdy Dudey Time. [RANDOM TITLE]

Muad'Dib (root@sietch.bloomington.in.us)
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 04:42:12 -0700

Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 04:42:12 -0700
Subject: Howdy Dudey Time. [RANDOM TITLE]
From: "Muad'Dib" <root@sietch.bloomington.in.us>
To: quake-editing@nvg.unit.no

Responding :* Re: WAD Conversion sketch
************

> Maybe iD's licence doesn't explicitly forbid the creation/distribution
> of
> add-on levels for Quake, but personally I feel that we should respect
> iD's work and not bring out any fully-fledged editor before the
> registered version becomes available. But perhaps I'm alone in this?

Way back when ID was telling us all this hype, one of the things they bragged
about was that someone independant would probably release a level editor in no
time. I suspect they don't care. 'sides, on IRC someone asked Barrett
Alexander and he said he didn't know of any policy, so I believe tehy probably
haven't given it too much thought.

Muad'Dib <root@sietch.bloomington.in.us>
The Mouse a.k.a. Greg Alexander