Re: .MDL animations

Sean Werkema (stw113@psu.edu)
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 22:05:32 -0500

Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 22:05:32 -0500
To: quake-editing@nvg.unit.no
From: stw113@psu.edu (Sean Werkema)
Subject: Re: .MDL animations

>There can be several 'animations' in each model. I am wondering if there
>is any information in the model file that tell which frame an animation
>starts and stops on. I looked at the data in the frame header, but it
>does not look like it contains any info on how the frames form an
>animated sequence. Does anyone know where the data for the animation
>sequences is stored? It has to be somewhere unless it is hard coded.

According to id, the selection of the appropriate frame is done by the
QuakeC code. So in a way, yes, it's hard coded, and in a way, no, it's not.
But it's not suprising that there is no animation information in the .MDL files.
| "There is no partial credit. If we cannot put a man on the |
| moon we do not get any credit for putting him up into a tree." |
| Email: stw113@psu.edu (Sean Werkema) |
| Web: http://www.crayola.cse.psu.edu/~werkema BCNU :) |