Re: Quake tools in C++

Sun, 10 Mar 1996 10:15:51 +0100 (MET)

From: Bernd Kreimeier <Bernd.Kreimeier@NeRo.Uni-Bonn.DE>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 1996 10:15:51 +0100 (MET)
To: quake-editing@nvg.unit.no
Subject: Re: Quake tools in C++

> From: Steve Simpson <ssimpson@world.std.com>

> I'm interested in writing some Quake tools in C++, preferably using
> the C++ Standard Template Library (STL). I'll be developing using
> Win95 with memory mapped files. Are there others out there with
> similar interests (i.e. using C++ rather than C)?

All my tools (which are not primarily intended for Quake) are/will be
written in C++. I do not think, however, that I will use the STL.
From what I have seen, gcc-2.7.2 still has problems with STL, and
I consider UNIX (read: linux) and GCC (hopefully including DJGPP) my
base plattform. Is there any particular reason for your suggesting
STL? Haven't looked too closely, yet.

b.