Re: an attempt at using the new id tools

Thu, 27 Jun 1996 18:02:08 +0200 (MET DST)

Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 18:02:08 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Bernd Kreimeier <Bernd.Kreimeier@NeRo.Uni-Bonn.DE>
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
Subject: Re: an attempt at using the new id tools

>BTW anyone know how to represent a subtract in
>the .MAP file? Do you just reverse the order of
>the plane points?

There is no such thing. If I do understand the MAP
format right (means you don't :), there are only
convex polyhedra. Period. They intersect freely,
and an intersecting group of Brushes will define
a non-convex boundary representation that has
to be split to polygons by qbsp, but that's it.

If you do CSG using QuakeEd, the editor splits a
resulting non-convex solid into Brushes ASAP.

>re-write qbsp for 16MB

Hmmm. At this time, I am not even sure I'll succeed
in compiling it as C++...

>tar/gzip

The GNU-WIN32 distribution (and DJGPP, I presume)
should provide both. I am afraid www.gamers.org
will not offer the bandwidth or disk space to
maintain multiple copies of the same stuff just
because of different archiving preferences.... I
will do a source overview page like for QuakeEd,
if anything fails.

Btw., we joining the Department of Redundancy Department
right now - the same map in different archives, some
cmdlib.c etc. in both archives, and lots of different
versions floating around soon. I will put the map
files separately, but as for the sources, this is going
to be difficult. If John Carmack is going to release
updated versions, a CVS import is recommended.

b.

b.