Re: Graphics .wads (fwd)

Thu, 27 Jun 1996 14:11:34 +0200 (MET DST)

Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 14:11:34 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Bernd Kreimeier <Bernd.Kreimeier@NeRo.Uni-Bonn.DE>
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
Subject: Re: Graphics .wads (fwd)

>From Brent:
> This leads me to the question; are the graphics stored in
>the wad2 files in mip format, or bsp format?

Steve Larsen will prolly know better, IIRC the QuakeEd source
sets a type indicator 66dec to identify a mipmap lump as used
by QuakeEd. Look into TexturePalette.m for details.

>From Ron Pepper, private mail:
>I just compiled QuakeEd1.2 for x86 Nextstep.
>I unpacked the shareware pak file..but can't access it.

I am too busy right now to check with the m68k version, has
anybody of those few with access to the NeXT already tried
QuakeEd with an unpacked gfd.wad from the shareware? I could
put together a NeXT Quake Toolkit, but qbsp,vis,light will
crawl on a 68k machine...

Btw., the "qlumpy" utility that creates mipmaps (dithered
if necessary) from WAD95 files with TEXTURE and patches
is not included.

b.