Re: Is there a Quake Client-Server Protocol Spec

Tue, 25 Jun 1996 11:58:10 +0200 (MET DST)

Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 11:58:10 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Bernd Kreimeier <Bernd.Kreimeier@NeRo.Uni-Bonn.DE>
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
Subject: Re: Is there a Quake Client-Server Protocol Spec

So far there isn't. I am curious myself if/when we will
see qbsp&Cie. or parts of the server/client code. The
former might well take till the registered version is ready
for delivery, or till somebody finishes a tool to create MAP
files. I have no idea about when to expect the latter, but
I agree it is a very interesting topic indeed, for several
reasons: observer clients using broadcast/multicast, tweaking
Quake into an Previewer for an editing tool, and Bots, to name
a few related issues.

regards

b.