Re: Sorta off-topic : Delphi

Mads Dydensborg (madsdyd@diku.dk)
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 14:28:15 +0200 (METDST)

Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 14:28:15 +0200 (METDST)
From: Mads Dydensborg <madsdyd@diku.dk>
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
Subject: Re: Sorta off-topic : Delphi

On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, Jim Lowell wrote:

> At 09:29 PM 6/10/96 +0200, Mads Dydensborg wrote:
> >
> >There has been some people commenting about Delphi, and ease of
> >use, etc. I too use Delphi (and prefer it to both C(++) and VB)
[..]
> I'm the guy who got Matt interested in Delphi and use is a ton myself. My
> main interest in this direction would be to use Delphi to generate a set of
> published free DLLs that other developers could use regardless of what
> language they're programming in. If someone were to do this, it would make
> tools-development fast. Delphi is a VERY easy language to get DLLs out in.

There is off course room for this in the idea I had. Personally I would
prefer source, (delphi source in special), both to learn from and
use only partly or similar.

Should I ever get the time, and disk quota, I would love to include
general libs as either DLL's, DCU, OBJ, OCX or whatever.

Anyway. I received respons from several people. I'm currently trying
to build some pages that has some of the above material.
(Note however, that these I will never be able to do - even remotly -
what b. does. I know my limits ;-).
I hope these pages can serve as a starting ground for Quake/Delphi coders.
I will try to get my act together and put them up real soon.

NB: I will include on the pages, the names of all people that wrote me.
(Not their mail, but their names and email adresses.).
Should anyone wish _not_ to be on this list, please mail me again.
(I know. It should be the other way around, but taking the purposes of
the mails into account, I hope this is okay).

Once again ; Are you interessted in developing in Delphi, feel free
to mail me about what you are doing, etc.

Mads

| Mads Bondo Dydensborg. Student at DIKU, Copenhagen - Denmark. |
| Email: madsdyd@diku.dk www: http://www.diku.dk/students/madsdyd/ |