Re: Editor GUI design

Mon, 10 Jun 1996 11:13:08 +0200 (MET DST)

Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 11:13:08 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Bernd Kreimeier <Bernd.Kreimeier@NeRo.Uni-Bonn.DE>
To: quake-dev@gamers.org
Subject: Re: Editor GUI design

>> a) is an editing mode with polyhedra-polyhedra
>> 3D collision detection worth the hassle?

> I doubt it. Doesn't on of id's utilities (qbsp, I think) do
>clipping of brushes before the final list of vertices and edges is
>determined (and before nodes are built)?
>
> -Mike Ruete

Been misleading. I meant as a GUI option for editing - a paradigm :-).
It does some kind of auto-alignment for brushes: set a gravity or a
push direction, and drop the thing into the map. You only have to
check all facets of the moving brush against all others, is
O(N_brushes) or O(N_facets). This is not useful for CSG operations,
obviously :-).

b.